Friday Club Night
- Next Friday 4th May, we continue our 2 hour sessions from 7.30pm- 9.30pm – this week is Multiball.
- Pleased with response of players on Friday night to footwork session organised by Euan and Jennie.
- A challenging session that pushed the players to give of their best.
- Well done to all players.
East Kilbride Open Competition
- Please note next club competition EK Open Saturday on 19th May 2018.
- Entry Form can be found here. Closing date 11th May.
- Only a few entries received – don’t leave entries until the last minute or you maybe miss out.
- Jack Regan to return U18 EK Open Shield next Friday 27th April.
- I went along to Hamilton Grammar for a short visit on Tuesday to TT lunchtime club.
- I met up with Active Schools Clare Murphy, Mr.Dyett (PE teacher) and pupils attending the club.
- PE teachers seem to be very keen on table tennis and appear to have a good understanding of the sport.
- As a result this helps them to guide pupils who select TT as a sport through Nat 5 exams.
- I was also impressed with all 16 pupils in attendance (including club player Robbie McKenzie) making the effort at lunchtime to take at least 6 TT tables upstairs
to a gym hall using a lift and then setting up for 30 mins of TT before returning tables. I wonder how many other school pupils would make that effort at lunchtime.
- Looking forward to my next visit.
EK Sports Council Awards
- Delighted to have received East Kilbride Sports Council Coach of the Year 2017 on Saturday night at EK Village theatre.
- I feel it also recognises the strides EKTTC has made in the past year.
- Thanks to Chris McKenna who nominated me for this award and to everyone for their kind comments.
East Kilbride Development Funding Forum
- Brendan has agreed to do a presentation on our successful Awards for All funding application for the benefit of other clubs in the town.
- The presentation will take place on Monday evening (30th April) at East Kilbride Sports Club along with David Eadie from EK Rugby Club.
NOTE: This meeting was postponed and will be rescheduled again in the future.
Coaches – worth a read
- To Euan, Jennie, Chris and Bill on Friday night.
- To Euan and Robbie Maitland for support on Tuesday night.
Thanks for your support