As a club, we will continue to monitor government guidance and endeavour to make the right decisions in regard to the current Coronavirus pandemic as it affects Scotland and the UK.
Our main sources of information are the NHSInform Coronavirus web page and the Scottish Government Coronavirus in Scotland web page.
The advice, as of today, is that:
- People over 70 and those who have high risk and underlying health conditions are being strongly advised to stay at home as much as possible and significantly reduce unnecessary social contact.
The advice is also that people should:
- minimise social contact by avoiding crowded areas and large gatherings, including religious congregations and smaller gatherings such as restaurants, pubs, bars, clubs, cinemas and gyms.
- avoid using public transport as much as possible.
- work from home when possible.
- follow the latest health and travel advice, and follow basic hygiene precautions, such as washing hands frequently, not touching their face and covering their nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- People showing symptoms suggestive of coronavirus should stay at home for seven days and only contact NHS 111 or their local GP if their symptoms worsen during that period.
- Members of a household where someone has suspected symptoms should stay at home for 14 days.
We think the club’s activities remain on the margins of this advice and as such, tonight’s club night at AMC and the WoS Senior League match in Motherwell currently go ahead as planned. We completely understand any personal decisions not to attend that you might make. However, if you could let us know if you will not be attending on a night that you normally would, that will help our planning.
We would ask that you maintain high levels of hygiene at club nights to protect yourselves and others.
If you are unwell or in a vulnerable group, please follow the advice above and do not attend the club.
We will provide regular updates as further advice emerges.
Stay safe and best wishes