East Kilbride Open Competition
- Please note that the forthcoming East Kilbride Open Competition on Saturday 19th May 2018 between 1pm & 6pm has now moved to the Alistair McCoist Complex.
- Entries for the competition are now closed.
- Tuesday & Friday clubs nights will continue to be held at JWSC Hall 3 until further notice.
- A training camp will take place on Saturday 26th May – 3.30pm – 5.30pm at JWSC.
- The following players have been selected to attend camp.
- Achint, Luke, Diarmid, Bobby, Thomas, Ashton, Ross, Robbie McKenzie, Jack D Brown, Ellis, Cameron, Ben & Jack Brown.
- The camp will enable coaches to assess a squad of players for the West of Scotland Junior League.
- Please advise if you are unavailable to attend this camp.
Friday Club Night
- Well done to all players who competed in the Ladder Competition on Friday night.
- This coming Friday we work on serves, B/H and F/H drives ahead of the EK Open.
- After school club at Duncanrig High School will finish this Wednesday and resume again in August.
- We will have our end of season Parents Challenge(s) on the following two club nights:
- Tuesday 5th June
- Tuesday 15th June
- Club nights will finish for the summer break on Tuesday 5th June and Friday 15th June.
- Well done to Achint Makesh who won Gold at an East Renfrewshire Inter School table tennis competition this week.
- Thanks to Jennie who put his name forward for the competition.
Anna Hursey – worth a listen
Anna Hursey has been playing table tennis for as long as she can remember and has managed to combine her school work with extended trips to train in China,
where her mother is from and across Europe, where she can challenge herself against the top players. Her success has been remarkable and as her family prepare
for the Commonwealth Games they reflect on what it means longer term and how Anna might continue to straddle the world in her quest to compete at the 2020 Olympics.
- To Brendan, Euan, Chris and Bill on Friday night.
- To Robbie Maitland for support on Tuesday night.
Thanks for your support